Membership is open to representatives from non-profit, non-partisan NGOs, civil society organizations, INGOs, networks and Technical Resource Persons.
For National and International Non-Government Organisations to become members of GEN, the organisations must:
To become members of GEN, individuals TRP must:
All members must:
1. Participate in an annual assembly of all GEN members which is conducted only once a year (this responsibility does not apply to only TRP members who live outside of the country)
2. Attend monthly member meeting at least 6 times in a year. It means that all members must be present in person four times, and they could inform via email or phone in case they could not attend two meetings. (This responsibility does not apply to only TRP members who live outside of the country)
3. Members who are out of Yangon need to contact by email or phone to the GEN Coordination Unit for their attendance at the monthly meeting if they cannot join the meeting.
4. Respond to emails and invitations sent from GEN Coordination Unit to confirm their acceptance on a regular basis
5. Actively engage in, at least, one working group
6. Regularly contribute suggestions and feedback when requested from working groups or GEN Coordination Unit
7. Renew membership every two years. GEN-CU will keep those organizations or individuals who confirm their willingness to continue their membership in the list of GEN members. Otherwise, their membership will be expired. The process of membership renewal is the same as the process of the membership application.
8. Sharing information only for GEN members such as monthly meeting minutes, newsletter, draft report and the internal documents are not allow unless seeking prior permission from GEN. GEN has rights to reserve and classifies information which will share with members, friends of GEN and the general public.
9. Fraud, misuse or exploitation of GEN’s reputation are strictly prohibited
10. Provide an email address of focal person granted by an organization (not personal email)
11. Notify GEN-CU when a focal person of a member organization is changed
12. Accept visitation from GEN
13. Give updated information on gender-related activities of an organization in member monthly meeting if presence during monthly member meeting or through emails
14. Inform GEN-CU with a formal letter from Head of Organization or TRP if they want to terminate the membership of GEN
15. The GEN Coordination Unit will contact GEN non-active members to support necessary assistance, and if there is no contact within six months, the members will be removed from the GEN members list. **In addition, TRP members must** * Provide technical support as required * Facilitate and coordinate in various activities of GEN * Represent GEN at a range of external events upon prior approval of SC members *Be willing to serve as a consultant as appropriate.